Skipping breakfast is never a good idea, so don’t. We’ve come up with three different breakfast recipes that will get you up and at ‘em in the morning while filling you up on all the right ingredients to get you started on your day.
Our first recipe is the three-ingredient pancake. Sorry Bisquick, it’s our turn now!
I’m not too sure about you, but pancakes bring me back to my childhood. I often think about summer mornings scarfing down one too many blueberry pancakes before heading out for a swim in the hot, southern sun. After trying out these three-ingredient pancakes, I not only got to relive my childhood but enjoy a healthier twist on a breakfast classic.
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
So, here’s how to make these gems:
- Peel the bananas and put them in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas until they are of thick consistency.
- Crack the eggs into the same bowl and whisk together until well combined – this creates the batter of the pancakes.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Put the batter onto a heated skillet or griddle for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with honey, maple syrup, or other toppings!
Our second recipe is the overnight chia pudding – perfect for those who are always on the go.
The first time I tried the overnight chia pudding was from my roommate in college. We both knew I was never the student who would get up hours before class to prepare the perfect breakfast and have a consistent morning routine. I mean, who was?! To be honest, I rolled out of bed at the last possible minute before it was too late. However, I was always hungry the minute I sat down in class.
Not only is the overnight chia pudding a quick and filling meal, but it also has so many health benefits. Chia Seeds have loads of antioxidants, fiber, protein, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Chia seeds are also considered one of the healthiest foods on the planet that benefit your body and brain. Name a better breakfast, I’ll wait…
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup Almond Milk (Or Milk of Choice)
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1teaspoon of vanilla extract
Here’s how to put the yum in the pudding:
- Put all the ingredients in a mason jar or a Tupperware with a lid
- Let everything settle for 2-3 minutes then mix until no clumps.
- Cover the jar and store in the fridge overnight
- Top with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
Lastly, on our breakfast journey are these paleo egg cups.
Now, these will probably require a bit more meal prep on a Sunday afternoon, but the thought alone of having your breakfast made before you wake up will get you out of bed on the first ring of your alarm clock!
These paleo egg cups are so easy to make and require little to no-mess – perfect for those who have small kitchens or want to whip up something quick and easy!
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Strips of Bacon
- Handful of Spinach
- Salt & Pepper
Here’s how to make a cup of sunshine:
- Spray muffin pan down with your choice of cooking spray, ghee, or butter.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400F.
- Lay a strip of bacon across each muffin cup, pushing down.
- Crack an egg in each cup.
- Distribute the spinach evenly throughout each cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let eggs cook for 12-15 minutes for soft eggs and 15-17 minutes for hard eggs.
- Refrigerate & rewarm!
We hope this blog post fills you up with new breakfast ideas and keeps you full until lunchtime! Stay tuned for our blog post on quick lunch ideas that are perfect for the office.